Hello, and happy Monday morning to you! Hopefully you’ve all have a great, relaxing weekend and are ready to get this week off to an amazing start!
My son turned 14 last week. Yeah, I really can’t believe he’s 14!! He is an amazing young man, and Eric and I couldn’t be more proud of him. He really is a super star kind of kid. The kind that just shines at whatever he does. I whipped up this card for him in approximately 3.78 minutes. It was a quick, throw-something-together-because-his-birthday-really-was-yesterday-and-shame-on-me-because-I-hadn’t-even-made-him-a-card-yet, kind of card.
I had just picked up these fantastic die cut and chipboard shapes packages from Basic Grey just a few days before, so I grabbed a few of those, along with some Studio Calico embellishments and set out to make a card suitable for a cool, 14 year old boy.
I used a happy birthday stamp from the Grunge set from Skipping Stones Designs and stamped it repeatedly sometimes picking up new ink, and sometimes not for a fun look.
And those enamel dots are simply my very favorite embellishment right now. I just want to put them on everything. Just saying.
And before I go, I thought I’d share a few things that are making me happy this morning. Just because.
1. remembering the hugs and smiles from the kids in our three year-old’s Sunday School class. They are so, so cute!
2. the sun is shining. It’s chilly outside, but I’ll take the sun!
3. discovering what kinds of things are planted at our new house. I see some pretty flowering trees and other plants starting to emerge. Love that!
4. waking my kids in the morning. It’s one of my very favorite parts of the day. My second favorite part is putting them to bed at night. Sometime I’ll explain why these are my favorite times of the day.
5. the grungy metal cart I found last week. My husband is skeptical, but I know it’s going to look great. Only a fellow junk lover would really understand, I’m sure.
6. flowers. I still have some bouquets I received when my mom passed away. They make me happy whenever I see them.
Hope your day is lovely! Thanks for stopping by!