It has been a crazy day so far. One of the craziest I’ve had in a long time. And I am SO tired! Stayed out late with some girl friends last night. Paying for it today, but it was worth it.
I wanted to take a few minutes to share with you the page I finished a few days ago. I used products entirely from my Studio Calico kits on this page.
This summer some friends of ours invited us out with them for an evening on their boat. The boys had such a great time learning how to wake board. They were naturals at it and took to it almost immediately. They said it was the most fun EVER!!
My friend, Yvonne, took this photo of Isaiah on the wake board and had it printed out for me. She’s a sweetheart! She even had extras made for the boys and dropped them off with them at school one day when she happened to be there. It made their day, so Yvonne, if you’re reading this, thank you! You are a gem!
I tried a different kind of stitching on this page. I used long stitches to accent my hand cut paper. I like the mod look and sense of movement it adds to the page. And there are those enamel dots again. I think I have found a new favorite embellishment! Seriously, they are so easy to stick just about anywhere and add just the perfect tiny touch of color. LOVE them!!
The wooden hexagon shapes didn’t come with my kits, but they’re also from Studio Calico. Those are another really fun embellishment. I’m always looking for embellishments that are great for masculine pages or can go either way, and both the wooden shapes and the enamel dots fit the bill quite nicely.
So yeah, my day has been really, really crazy so far. One of the most trying I’ve had in a while, but also one of the best. In the midst of it all God was teaching me things. Showing me things. And I got overwhelmed by the goodness of God. And I thought about how even though my day was crazy, there were so many blessings to be thankful for in just this day alone.
I was momentarily planning to try to take a thankful photo-a-day challenge on Instagram, but after some thought I realized it wasn’t going to happen this month. Not without adding unnecessary stress to my life. So I decided to let it go for another time. I’d still love to try a challenge like that sometime, but for now I thought I’d share some things this month that I am grateful for and the ways that God has been blessing me. So here is my list for today.
1. A good report back from the Dr. today. The heart flutters I’ve been having are not serious. They’re just what my Dr. called an extra beat. Whatever that means. But I’m fine. Thank you, God!
2. We got some exciting house news! Nothing’s final yet, but if all goes as planned we should be house owners in a few short weeks! Yay!
3. 3 cards picked for publication yesterday. I’m always happy about that, and yes, it happened yesterday, but I’m still thankful about it today too.
4. A nice Etsy sale went through yesterday. That’s exciting because it was for a larger priced item that I wasn’t sure how well would sell. Having the first one sell so quickly was such a boost!
5. The really wonderful guys at my local office store who helped me through some shipping dilemmas today. They were really great! If any of you locals need a great place to go, the guys at JDM office store (in Myerstown) were super nice and helpful!
6. Along with #5 was an answer to prayer. I’m still glowing over how it all worked out. God knows our needs and cares about the details of our lives!
7. Girl’s night out. Everyone needs a little break from time to time, and sharing appetizers and drinks with friends was so needed. Plus, I got to make two new friends!
8. God teaching me things. It’s not ever easy and sometimes it’s not pretty. But I’m thankful God loves me just the way I am, but too much to leave me that way. He’s a gentle teacher, but He sure knows how to get right to it!
9. My wonderful husband. Even when I’m spazzing out, he holds me close and dries my tears. And babe, if you’re reading this, thanks for being my rock! I don’t know what I’d do without you!
10. My kids. Love them more all the time. Excited that I get to just hang out with them this weekend. Eric’s away, so the kids and I have some fun things planned to make the time pass more quickly. We’re going to go out for breakfast, shop for our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes, and have a movie night together.
11. Wonderful people who share in our joy. Joy is magnified when you get to share it with people you love.
12. Unexpected generous gifts from friends. Thank you, friends!
And the day isn’t over yet! As I thought over all these things today and began to list some things I am thankful for today I was just so overwhelmed with the goodness of God in my life! No, life isn’t always nice. Or easy. It’s messy sometimes. And it hurts sometimes. But even then I can see God’s hand at work. Even then He allows me to catch a glimpse of His immense and expansive love for His children. I wept on my card ride home today, because I felt this so strongly. I sensed Him at work so much in the happenings of my day.
And I can’t wait to see what kinds of blessings tomorrow will bring!