Good morning, everyone! I hope your weekend was wonderful!
Eric and I had a great time together this weekend. On Friday we:
1. ate lunch at the Cheeseake Factory. I had the Baja Chicken Tacos, which I didn’t care for (too heavy on the cilantro for my taste). Eric had the Mushroom Burger, which was very good. We shared a Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesacake for dessert. One word- heavenly!!
2. shopped at the King of Prussia mall. Bought clothes for Eric (nothing for me this time). I learned Eric is a sloooooow shopper (sorry babe! you are!) I’m a quick shopper. I can quickly scan a rack of clothes and decide in a matter of minutes whether there’s anything there I want. If I find something I like I go try it on and decide (pretty quickly) whether or not I want it. I’m in and out, no messing around. I’m focused and to the point. Eric is not. He takes his time, thinking, contemplating. Nothing wrong with that, just different than me, that’s all. It’s probably good for a no-nonsense shopper like me to go shopping with a contemplater like him sometimes.
3. We shopped Ikea. My first time there. I loved it. Eric kinda liked it, but his feet hurt by the end of the day. Well, mine did too. We found a great deal on a craft table for me.
4. Headed to the Joseph Ambler Inn, which was beautiful. We relaxed a bit before our dinner reservation. The food was sooo good! I ordered a Warm Baby Spinach Salad and a Lump Crab Cake served with Saffron Basmati Rice Pilaf, Baby Vegetables and a Lobster Cream Sauce. Eric had a special with Octopus for the appetizer, Flank Steak for the entree, and Raspberry Tart for dessert, which we shared. All the food was amazing!
1. ate a quick breakfast at the Inn and took a few photos of the grounds.
2. We headed for Philadelphia and Philadelphia Museum of Art. We really enjoyed that a lot and we discovered we are partial to American artists. I also enjoyed the European art and we both loved the display of horse and man armors.
3. Ate dinner at Bahama Breeze. I had Mahi Mahi with mashed potatoes and green beans. Eric had tuna steak with rice pilaf and sauce. We shared a chocolate island dessert. Very good food! They give you a lot! We were so full!
4. Picked up our kiddos from Eric’s sister’s house. It was good to see them again. Thanks, Crystal, for watching them for us! 🙂
Here are just a few of the photos we took.
The part of the Inn where we stayed. This place is pretty big and is really lovely.
The two of us.
This George Washington Monument in front of the museum is spectacular. It features a likeness of George Washington mounted on a horse and and the historical figures of his time along with various plants and animals native to the United States. The details of the monument are gorgeous.
Eric and I had fun posing with some of the human and animal figures of the monument. I kinda liked this Indian guy. 🙂
And this is Eric doing his best Rocky impression.
We took this one in front of a mirror. Isn’t that room amazing?
It was fun to get away, just the two of us. It’s been entirely too long since we’ve done that.
Also, I just signed up a couple of days ago for another class with Shimelle Laine. Love her classes! This time it’s Blogging for Scrapbookers.
The class begins on Monday, actually it already started since Shimelle’s in a different time zone than I am. I should be getting my first prompt in my inbox very soon. I’m excited to get started. I’m hoping to gain some new blogging ideas and ways to improve myself in the area of blogging, knowing what to write and how to write it, what to do when I have nothing to say, etc. etc. This is the third class I’m taking with Shimelle and she never disappoints. Sometimes I struggle to keep up, but we’ll see what I can do this time around. Depending on how this class goes, I may sign up for the follow up class, Beyond Scrapbooking for Bloggers which is a continuation of the Blogging for Scrapbookers class. I figured I’d better take one at a time. I’m excited to see what kinds of new things I can bring you over the course of the next couple of weeks with this class. And, if you;re interested in taking this class too, you can still sign up.