Sorry for the long silence here on the blog. I just have been busy with life in general. I’ve been working on some other projects around the house and my paper crafts have been pushed to the back burner for a while.
Last week I was working on painting some furniture for the kids’ playroom. A table for all the kids and a doll bed for my little girl. I still need to finish both of them, but I have been really enjoying the process. I didn’t think refinishing furniture was really up my alley, but it has been a lot of fun to see my projects take on a new life. It’s a much longer process than any of my paper crafting projects which is why I am surprised that I have been enjoying it so much. I don’t usually have the patience for long and involved projects. Maybe with age comes more patience. I hope so! Lord knows I sure could use more patience most days!
I have been scrapbooking just a tiny bit. On Saturday I spent the day with friends from Berks County Scrappers. It was a fun day and I was able to get about seven pages completed before I had to leave early.
here are two of my favorites from the day.
Here the card stock is Stampin’ Up! and the rest is from my Scarlet Lime monthly kit. Don’t you just love that butterfly paper? The colors are just gorgeous! I’ll take a whole package, please!
Both pages are pretty simple, too. that’s pretty much how I scrap away from home. Simple. When I’m scrapping with others I’m just too distracted to make any very involved pages, so I stick with simple layouts.
This one uses my new 2 3/4″ circle punch from EK Success. The ladies made fun of me when I brought out this punch! 😉 Let me tell ya. It’s huge! It’s like a weapon or something. Too funny! Anyway, eat your heart out ladies. Now you’ll all wish you had one too. LOL!
Here again I used mostly stuff from my Scarlet Lime kits. The stickers are a bunch of random ones form several companies that I have had for quite a while.
I have been honored with a couple of blog awards within the past few weeks that I haven’t yet given recognition to.
First up is an award from my sweet friend Carol over at Stuff By Carol.
Rules: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve (newly) discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
The other is from Katie at KB Stamps.
Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
Link to the person who gave you the award.
List 7 things about yourself that people may find interesting.
Nominate 7 new Kreativ Bloggers.
Post links to the new nominated blogs.
Leave a comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
I am going to combine these into one and nominate a few blogs and they can chose which one of these awards they’d like to receive, or both, if they wish!
First off, though, just to follow the rules, here are seven random things about me that you just might find interesting (and maybe not).
1. I attended a one room private school as a kid. Grades 1-8 were in one classroom and there were about 26 kids in the entire school.
2. I just learned to eat sushi a couple of years ago. Hated it at first and now I love it!
3. If I could travel anywhere I’d pick Italy.
4. I always thought I wanted four babies, but being horribly sick to the point that I wished I could die during all my pregnancies made me settle for three. Hubby still would like six kids (or maybe more 🙂 ) Guess we could always adopt a few.
5. I don’t drink hot beverages except for the occasional hot cocoa in winter and a coffee every once in a while. I prefer my beverages cold, thank you.
6. I don’t really consider myself one of those very interesting people, so this is kind of hard for me.
7. Let’s see, one more…..the older I get the more I realize I don’t know very much at all. There’s always so much more to learn and so many ways to grow. Life is such an adventure.
Whew! Not too bad. OK, here is my list of people I’d like to recognize with these awards.
1. Deanette at Deanette Arndt Designs. Deanette is a friend of mine and just started her own blog. I know she’d love it if you’d drop by and check out her stuff and welcome her to the world of blogging.
2. Alicia at Paper Craft Playground– Another sweet friend of mine.
3. Angie at Scwooo!. Such incredible talent!
4. Michelle at Cherished Hearts. She’s not only talented, she’s in my Stampin’ Up! downline!
5. Jen at Tatertots and Jello– a cool blog I just recently stumbled upon.
6. Gretchen at Inspiration in Action. Always an inspiration.
7. Tina at Travelingmama. Love her work!
Go check out all these talented ladies and prepare to be inspired!
Catch you all tomorrow with some exciting news!